Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Eve with Plank North Friends

Happy New Year!!



I pray that this year will be a wonderful blessing for you all.  I have so many great things going on in my life right now.   I can't believe it.  

Dr. Robert Schuller (Crystal Cathedral) once said that it isn't the bad things in life that bring people down, it's the lack of good things happening during those bad times that destroy them (my own liberal paraphrase.)  That has become true for me and so much more evident in the last 6 months as my life takes some positive turns. (example: working at Cazbah)

One bit of sunshine in my life is to watch the progression of Sue Rooney's relationship with her fantastic boyfriend, Peter Johnstone.  He is so perfect for her - it's obvious to outsiders as well as to them both.  Gives me such hope for my own future that God can provide blessings that are cookie cutter perfect just for me and Alex.  Well ... onto how Plank North people fit into this.

For my Plank North teacher friends and anyone interested in the nitty-gritty here is a paragraph of details ...  (feel free to jump over this part if you don't have a PN connection.)

About 18 months ago I saw Jane Cook (former Plank North Elementary School parent) at Klem North and told her about Sue Rooney (Professional and  fabulously gifted graphic designer and owner of Susan Rooney Design and Susan Rooney Patterns.)  We had been discussing the Cook kids (Jason and Monica) and it turns out Jason was as RIT taking courses in graphic design.  I gave her Sue R's number for Jason to make a connection.  Well, Sue Rooney's son is at RIT and knows Jason.  Jason Cook contacted Sue at some point to discuss an internship.  Months down the road, Sue R starts dating Peter - who has 2 sisters - Carol Dellavilla (Laura and Chris' mom) and Ann Schwatz (Katie and Tom's mom - I had Katie in single grade 6th grade about 15 years ago ... 1993 ... !!!!!) Dellavillas and Cooks are very very close.  When Sue R and Peter were at a family event, the Cook family (there because they are "like" family) realized the connection of Sue Rooney and Jason Cook and then me.  Small small world.

OK ... nitty gritty details are over..kinda.

So last night, Dec 31, I got to attend a dinner at Dellavilla's with a bunch of past Plank North students and parents.  It was so much fun.  It was like a reunion for me.  By the way, the food was to die for.  All the moms and kids wanted to talk to me and I wanted to talk to them.  We reminisced a lot.  Dellavillas, Cooks, and Schwatz's attended.  Laura and Chris Dellavilla were there as was Monica Cook.  They are all doing so well with their lives.  The kids seem so happy and productive.  (The photos above are ones I found on Facebook this a.m.  From left to right are Laura D, Chris D, and Frankie Carlevatti !!!!!) 

Last night was one of those good things Dr. Robert Schuller was talking about.  The families were so loving and affirming.  To hang out and talk with the kids brought me so much joy. What an incredible way to start the new year.  I am being surrounded in my life with incredible people who are so positive and balanced.  It is having an a wonderful affect on my spirit.

Hope to talk to you all soon in 2009.  Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment