Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Does God Get Frustrated with Me?

Does God bang his head on the wall while he tries to work with me everyday? I worry so much about my daughter's future and my own actions...she's 14 and very teenagerie. I analyze my words and thoughts way too much. And then... And then... I tell a friend to trust in God, and that we need to just do our part and let Him do the rest. What a loonie I am.

Today, I read how Abram (Abraham) in the Bible had so much faith in God, that when God told him to leave his family and country and move to an unknown place, he just did it. But when God spoke to Abram personally, and promised him more offspring than he could imagine, Abram doubted God and had a child with Sarah's maidservant, Hagar. Abraham's inconsistent faith made me feel so ordinary and average and normal. Thank you Abraham. And God still worked around Abraham's sinful nature - creating the greatest nation.

So I remind myself for the millionth time...God is in control. I just need to do my part, what I have control of, and trust God for the rest. Remember Remember Remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment